Third Annual, Virtual Insider Risk Summit Announces Keynote Speakers Mark T. Hofmann, Pablos Holman and Joe Payne, and Opens Registration to Attendees
- The fully virtual event on Sept. 27-29 to be centered around reimagining data security for the way we work today
- Issues final Call For Speakers, accepting submissions through July 15
MINNEAPOLIS — June 28, 2022 – Today, the Insider Risk Summit™ team announced the return of its annual cybersecurity event on Sept. 27-29, 2022. This year’s theme is “Reimagine Data Security for the Way We Work Today.” To bring this to life, the fully-virtual event welcomes cybercrime expert and profiler Mark T. Hofmann, hacker turned technology futurist Pablos Holman and cybersecurity industry veteran executive Joe Payne as keynote speakers. Register now for the free-to-attend conference, which expects to offer more than two dozen educational sessions to security leaders and practitioners focused on managing, mitigating and measuring Insider Risk.
The Insider Risk Summit is the industry’s leading conference on Insider Risk Management (IRM). IRM is a modern approach to data security for the hybrid-remote world that mitigates user-driven data exposure events, whether malicious, negligent or accidental in nature. The IRM category is now formally recognized by Gartner, IDC and Forrester. The 2022 Summit will focus on all aspects of Insider Risk, including IP theft, intentional data leaks and non-malicious exfiltration actions. During the event, attendees will explore new strategies for detecting and mitigating insider threats to data, holistically shifting organizational thinking about Insider Risk, and building security-aware cultures without standing in the way of employee productivity.
“The digitization of data, remote work and historic workforce turnover have triggered a major shift in how organizations must secure trade secrets, source code and customer and personnel information. Security teams need to understand how they can mobilize when their data goes to untrusted locations, and articulate to their leadership and boards why it’s so critical to wrap a layer of security around the collaboration tools that we want employees to use everyday,” said Joe Payne, Insider Risk Summit chairman and Code42 president and CEO. “We’re excited for the security community to come together at this year’s event to hash out these concepts and think of new ways to secure data and take action through more security-aware, transparent cultures.”
Announces Keynote Speakers
Three primary speakers will headline the 2022 Insider Risk Summit. They include:
- Mark T. Hofmann, a crime and intelligence analyst (“profiler”) and business psychologist, has specialized in behavioral and cyber profiling and conducted scientific interviews with criminals, psychopaths and hackers to understand the internal perspectives. During the Summit, he will compare the psychological profiles of external and insider cybercriminals and talk about the difference between malicious, negligent and accidental insiders. He’ll also show how "social engineering" works in 2022 and how we can become a human firewall.
- Pablos Holman, a world-renowned hacker turned technology futurist, inventor and viral TED speaker, possesses a unique ability to articulate practical solutions and visions for the future of technology. He’ll offer an inspirational view of what’s possible in a world of exponential change.
- Joe Payne, president and CEO of Code42 and co-author of the book Inside Jobs, will share his take on why the information security world must make a fundamental shift in how it plans for, manages and responds to insider risk – which includes both malicious data exfiltration and unintentional data exposure – compared to how it approaches malware risk.
Opens Call for Speakers
During Insider Risk Summit 2021, more than two dozen sessions were presented by Insider Risk experts hailing from industry-leading organizations like Exabeam, Forrester, Gartner, Microsoft, Optiv, Palo Alto Networks and PwC, among others. For the 2022 event, the Insider Risk Summit will feature sessions focused on how security challenges and insider threat vectors are being tackled in today’s hybrid and remote work environment, real-world case studies and best practices for managing Insider Risk and threats, how to create a security-focused culture, and more. Individuals wishing to speak during the 2022 event can submit via the Call For Speakers process through July 15, 2022.
Expands Event Sponsor Program
This year’s Insider Risk Summit brings together a community of security leaders and practitioners to discuss problems and solutions related to the escalating risk of insiders to company data. The Insider Risk Summit team continues to expand its bench of sponsors for the 2022 event. While the 2021 event drew 3,000 security community members, with more than 130 attendees earning CPE credits, the 2022 event expects to welcome upwards of 4,000 registrants. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities at Insider Risk Summit 2022.
Insider Risk Summit attendees will have opportunities for networking, taking in product demos, hosting 1:1 meetings or attending educational sessions and discussions. This year again, the event expects to draw:
- C-suite executives focused on Information security, security, risk and compliance (CISO, CSO, CRO, CCO).
- Security architects rethinking the security stack in the context of Zero Trust and SASE.
- Insider Risk, insider threat or insider trust functional leaders.
- Incident responders and security analysts.
- HR and legal professionals involved in internal investigations and IP litigations.
To register and learn more about the Insider Risk Summit, visit insiderrisksummit2022.com.
Earn CPE Credits
The Insider Risk Summit is an annual event held every September during Insider Threat Awareness month. Security practitioners attending the summit are eligible to earn CPE credits.
About The Insider Risk Summit
The Insider Risk Summit, the industry’s leading conference on Insider Risk Management (IRM), brings together security leaders and practitioners and industry experts to learn, interact and share best practices in the IRM space. More than just one moment in time – the Insider Risk Summit is a community of organizations and security professionals that understand collaboration, productivity and enablement of users while meeting data security challenges. In 2021, more than 3,000 security professionals attended the event, which is held annually in September during Insider Threat Awareness month. For the most up-to-date news about the Insider Risk Summit and the IRM community, go to insiderrisksummit2022.com or follow along on Twitter.
© 2022 Code42 Software, Inc. All rights reserved. The Insider Risk Summit is a trademark of Code42 Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. All other marks are properties of their respective owners.
Company Contact: Kristin McKenzie
Public Relations Principal, Insider Risk Summit